Sunday, January 01, 2012

1200 Club

Okay, everybody who knows me knows that I can be talked into some pretty dumb things at times - this is one of them! Last night I went on the "Resolution Run" put on by the Running Room on Dec 31 - it's just a 5km, but given that I pulled a hamstring less than a week ago, I wasn't planning on going very fast. I didn't, but it sure was an enjoyable run! Weather was fantastic, and it was fun to run in a group again. (It's been probably 20+ years since I've done a running race.) I had to catch myself from blowing snot rockets at those behind me - just not use to there being people there! A friend of mine, Patricia Beazer, started a club called the 1200 mile club. The goal is to cover 1200 miles in 2012. (That's almost 4 miles a day, 6 days a week.) So, tonight I talked my wife into a 4 mile walk with me. It was nice to get out and chat for awhile. I'm not exactly sure how to handle tomorrow, as I'm taking the family snowboarding. Not sure if I'll be able to go for a 4 mile run after a day of snowboarding (especially when it's going to be followed up with another day of snowboarding!) We'll see how it goes.

No comments: